Monday, May 9, 2011

I miss you


I can’t sleep. A lot of things are still running in my head and most of these thoughts concern you. I am not a stranger to this kind of night. I lay in bed, constantly shifting on my pillow, my eyes may be closed, but my mind is fully awake, drifting to where you are, trying to picture out the day I’ll see you next. On that day, I’ll be wearing my sweetest smile, I’ll be running to you and hugging you until I am sure that you are here with me, and that you are near, and that you are real. I just miss you very much.

Lately, I have been feeling so out of place. I feel like I’m not where I’m supposed to be. For so long, I have been so restless. And I wonder why. It may be because I am far from you. And home is wherever you are. And wherever I am, as long as you are not with me, is a foreign place.

Missing you is a cycle, and like all cycles, it just goes on and on and on. It never gets tired. I will never get tired of missing you.

No comments: